Arranging a group booking is easy:
Coming to the theatre as a group is a great way to spend time with friends and family while also saving money. On applicable shows, 10 or more people will receive a special group rate or 1 in 10 tickets free. You can even pay later when securing your group booking with a deposit.
- You don't need definite numbers when making your initial reservation
- Reservations can be held for 5 days without payment
- You will be asked for a 10% non-refundable deposit after 5 days
- Once deposit has been paid, you will be given a date to confirm numbers and make your final payment
- Reservations can be made up to a week before the performance date of a show
Find out more about Chelmsford Theatre with a backstage tour. An experienced guide will give you an overview of the theatre’s history, alongside an opportunity to find out more about how a theatre operates. Explore the workshops, wings, prompt corner and onto the stage itself for the actor's view of the auditorium. Visit underneath the stage to see the dressing rooms, orchestra pit and into the Green Room - you never know who you'll meet!
Approximate duration: 1 hour
Tours are available for school and groups, with options for refreshments also available.
To book a tour or to discuss how we can tailor one to your specific needs contact the theatre here.
School group bookings
School group rates apply for some of our educational shows, and pantomime schools’ performances, making a visit to the theatre much more affordable for your students. Contact us using the contact form here with your enquiry.